Wednesday, January 26

Hip Surgery

On tuesday I had my hip surgery. I thought that it would just be the standard hip scope to clean up my torn labrium. However after I had my MRI, we found that I have this random bone issue, where my bone is not round, but jagged. So the doctor had to grind down my bone. My bones have literally been grinding on each other. Awesome huh!

This is the way, the doctor explained my surgery to me:

The scope is pretty simple, two punctures into your hip to clean up the torn tissue and sew it back together so it can heal. The 2nd procedure could probably be done with a scope, but I want to find the exact point of your bone where its grinding on your bone socket. So the best way for me to find this, is for me to put my finger into your hip joint, and raise and rotate your leg around to feel it. Then sand/grind the bone to make it round and smooth.

I am not exaggerating, that is how he described it to me. I spent most of the day in the hospital after surgery, and was finally released around 5. Surgery was scheduled at 6:15 AM. I am getting used to my walker. However I am home all day, so if anyone wants to play or come visit, please do!!!

No comments: