Tuesday, January 27

Finally picked a major!


I just applied to the U, and forced myself to pick a major. I decided on a communications degree, but there were two different options within that major. I could pick either between Mass or Speech communications. I have decided to go with Mass communications. Its in the college of Humanities, so it should be a good pick for me. I should hear back from the U, in a few days about my application, then I can start classes in the Summer Semester. I am going to try to go full time, all year, so I can get this done in a year and a half... At least thats the plan. IF anyone has any experience with the U, and the college of Humanities, please share. I am excited but nervous to make the change from Adult High School ( SLCC ), to go to a actual college.

2 comments:

Katie said...

hi Katie--
I spent 6 years at the U; Ignorance was bliss, but I enjoyed it although watch out for those liberal communications professors! There's definitely an agenda on that campus but all I cared about was getting done, so it didn't bother me and I've been proud to be an alumnus anyway. You'll have fun being at a 'real' school! Oh-I want to hear about Mexico! Abbee's letter is on its way (she's written you 2 of them this month, but of course, I'm the dummy who hasn't sent them. She wants you to know she's lost her top front tooth!)

The Gines Family said...

Whoot whoot! you will love comm major and you will love the U so much fun...is it scary to say i miss it a tad...just a tad. i graduated in speech comm...but i hear mass is good to! wishing you the best!