Friday, May 9

Being the youngest has it's perks...

I am the youngest in my family, and have watched all most all of my siblings get married. I have also helped my mother on all of the weddings she has done flowers for, so I feel like I have learned what to do and what not to do as far as weddings go. Here is a list of things that I have learned not to do:

Do not get married in July, it is waaaaay to hot.
Get married somewhere, where they have to do the yard work and not you. (Since pretty much all of my brothers and sisters were married in backyards).
Do not wear white airwalks under your wedding dress.
Watch out for the "red" cups.
Make sure your mother/mother in law are not crazy. ( I'm lucky that my mother and mother in law are completely sane).

AND FINALLY....
Do not buy a wedding cake.

I will admit wedding cakes are classic, traditional, but lets face it, no one eats it. I have a hard time justifying 300-400 dollars for a cake, that no one will eat. That being said, I have opted to not have a cake. My vast wedding knowledge has given me a leg up on planning my own wedding, so I am going to have cupcakes! Before you say, okay, Katie...cupcakes? Are you 14? Take a look at this:


I am planning on having tiers of cupcakes in our colors, and for me and Lee we will have special tux and bride cupcakes. I know, its way cute, you dont have to tell me. LOL

No comments: