Tuesday, May 6

Finally Engaged!!

Lee popped the question on 4/25/08(My brothers birthday, Lee called him to make sure he wouldn't be annoyed we stole his thunder). Lee is a big joker. The back story on this, is that I hate balloons, I just think they are annoying. Lee made up this story that we were going to go look at this house that he wanted to buy, so when I got off work I met him up at Tanner Park in Holladay. When he got there he was acting all weird so I knew something was up. We walked around for a while, then he said "Lets sit down and chit chat". After about a minute of sitting there, he said he had a present for me, and that it was one of my favorite things, and that they were colorful and float. He then went to his car to get my "present". I saw the balloons come out of his car, and I was like, "Are you kidding me? You get my hopes up and you are giving me balloons?". As he got closer he opened a ring box and I could see a ring, but he was far enough away for me to not tell if it was my ring or some random ring. He somehow had the ring box attached to the bunch of balloons. When I saw the ring box I ran up to him to give him a big hug, he then acted like he fell over and let go of the balloons. I was so upset, I yelled at him and then I made him get in my car with me, and made him watch the balloons as I followed them. I was driving like Ace Ventura, with my face outside of the car, and telling Lee he was an idiot. After about a block he told me to just forget it, and to take him back to his car since he had it insured, so he could call the guy. When I dropped him off, I was obviously still upset, he told me he had gotten me some flowers and a little present, and that I could have it, since he had messed up my proposal. He walked away to call about the ring, I opened the present and it was another ring box with a note inside that said, " Do you think I'm that dumb? Come out side, I have something for you". I then went outside to meet Lee. I had the note in my hand, and was thinking maybe he was supposed to give this to me before he let go of the balloons. He then showed me my ring, and said "So Kate, Will you?". I of course wanted to say yes, but I told Lee, "Lee, you only get to ask me this questions once, do it right and get down on your knee". So he did, and asked me for real, and I said yes!!

I guess Lee had practiced how he was going to let go of the balloons, and he practiced how he was going to act "sad" after he let them go. I have to say, he did an awesome job. I totally believed it all. Anyone who knows Lee, knows that he is not one for the dramatics, but he did a way good job acting. I was pissed at him, then I felt sorry for him, and then I was head over heels happy and in love with him, it was a cycle of emotions...all within a half hour.

1 comment:

Danelle and Alex said...

Katie that story is hilarious!! You always crack me up!