Friday, August 8

Last Semester at SLCC!!!



I have never been excited to start school, but this semester is different. This is officially my last semester at SLCC. I consider SLCC to be Adult High School. SLCC has been good to me, considering I took my time on getting my associates. It really shouldn't take 4 years to get your associates, but that is what happens when you pay for school yourself, and sometimes run out of motivation and take semesters off.

After some soul searching I am going to pursue a degree in Communications. Mainly because eBay will pay for it, and I can use it anywhere. I just need to decide if I want to go into Speech or Mass communication.

Speech communication would consist of a lot of public speaking. However speech communication majors can sometimes have a hard time finding work since the degree is not as easy to categorize. I could use it in business, advertising, education, social service, and broadcasting.

Mass communication would consist of a lot of journalism classes. This type of major opens a lot more doors because its more of a general degree, kind of like a business degree. When I looked up what I could do with this major, I found some random jobs. Here are my favorites: camera operator, actor, critic, disc jockey, lobbyist, fundraiser, clergy, photographer, and a children's book author.

I am not sure which one to pursue...I need help. I have a semester to figure it out. After this semester I get to go to the big girl school. I can't wait. Now I can be a true Utes football fan!!!

I applied for graduation today!!! It was crazy. The form asked me what name I wanted on the certificate, and I got to put my new name! It will read, Kathryn Ellen Schultz. Now THAT is weird!!!

1 comment:

The Gines Family said...

Hey Katie long time no see! hey this Fall is my last semester at the U!!! yay finally, and my major is speech comm BS and i love it!!!!! love it! really it is not that much public speaking and the classes are awesome! every class is just so fun and interesting! i would totally do speech comm! so much fun! let me know if you have any q's about teachers or classes i have taken them all! haha sweet maybe will see you up there this fall?