Thursday, July 3

Second Chances

This is the cutest story I have heard in a while....

My mom was looking on the internet to see what was happening for the 4th of July this weekend and came across an art exhibit with some photography by someone who's name she recognized. The persons name was someone she had dated in high school, and they were very close, but then he went on mission and then while he was gone she moved down to Utah. My mother grew up in Montana. I guess this guy was really something because my grandma wanted my mom to marry this guy. My mom figured it couldn't hurt to call and see if this guy was who she thought it was, and as it turns out, it was.

It seems like these two people have been trying to find each other. When my family lived in Bountiful, this guy lived in North Salt lake, and now that I live in Midvale with my mom, he lives like 10 blocks east of where we live. He shops at the same grocery store, and even rides the same trax train my mom rides. My mom told me about this and I thought it was crazy! My mom and this guy have randomly tried to find each other from searching on the internet, or through their high school directory.

These two went out last night, and I guess it was as if they hadn't been apart. They hadn't seen each other in some 37 years, but they got all caught up and decided to not let their second chance go away this time. My mom is acting like she is 20 again she seems so happy, I am so happy for her to have found what she was looking for, even if it took her 37 years to pick up where she left off.

1 comment:

Chris and Em said...

YAY! I was wanting to hear the update after they went out! I'm glad that it went so well. that is seriously insane. you better keep me posted on this matter! And ps.....i loved seeing your bum the other night, lets do that more often!